Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Waiting For The Summer
2,445 Posts
Well, it's only took about 18 months, but I finally got round to it today

OEM sideskirts and rear mud flap things. Skirts were a bit of a bargain, ready painted and delivered from the US for about ?110

First side took about three hours including dinner break, second side, about an hour and a half
I have the instructions and templates if anyone needs them, let me know

·
Registered
8,927 Posts

·
Waiting For The Summer
2,445 Posts
You need the front lip like andymk2's now
I know, ideally, I'd like one of these, as it saves having to fill the redundant foglight holes like the full spoiler thing leaves. But that's silly money

Edit: nice one Dave, I'll send him a message, that's the cheapest UK price I've seen

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
You need the front lip like andymk2's now
I know, ideally, I'd like one of these, as it saves having to fill the redundant foglight holes like the full spoiler thing leaves. But that's silly money

Edit: nice one Dave, I'll send him a message, that's the cheapest UK price I've seen
[/quote]

PM me if you want his number. I paid ?70 for my spoiler but as i said he didn`t have my colour & i didn`t want to wait. I`d have happily paid more for a blue one.

He`s getting me a price on the front spoiler but not sure i can have one & still get up & down the slope to my garage yet.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts

·
Registered
8,927 Posts

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
Looking very nice there Andy, good tidy job. Those sideskirts are the same as mine, understated but different from standard. Bonus they came ready painted the right colour. It's not as if your colour is common either is it?

How long did your bits take to get over here? I've got some bits coming from the US of A and I'm hoping they don't take too long to get here.

I'm liking the silver lip spoiler you put up Dave I'm assuming it's for the Mk2.5 and would be a pain to fit to the Mk2. The one I've got is the one from MX5 Parts. I didn't realise they were that expensive. I thought the Mk1 ones were extortionatley priced.

So whats next then Andy? After you find a suitable front lip that is.

·
Waiting For The Summer
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DT -The parts took about 10-14 days I think, I was on holiday when they arrived $50 p+p and $100 for the parts
Dave - just ordered one off that guy ?100 delivered and in the right colour so it'll save me paying to get it painted, thanks for the link

got a mk2 fibreglass lip but don't think it'll fit right, think I'll just wait for the right one to pop up somewhere

thanks for all the comments

andy

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Nice one Andy
It comes with instructions / templates & uprated hinge springs.

Can`t wait till mine are all on.

Will let you know when he gets back to me about the front end.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Dave, forgot to tell you. If you're fitting the skirts yourself, make sure you get the car at least 12 inches off the ground so you can drill the sills. The scissor jack just makes it, so you can get some axle stands under
I`ve been tempted to get the drill out but know someone in the trade who can do it with there eyes shut so i will happily supply the beer tokens.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts