Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hmmm, the tread pattern looks identical to that of the RSRs.

I get that it may be a completely different compound but it looks nothing like the uk 'SS' or 'Super Steel' tyres.

Not going to take a risk unless I'm sure though.

Need to decide between AD08s in 195/50/15 and Fed RSRs in 205/50/15 now then...

Unless anyone knows where I can find stock of 195/50/15s at a good price?

· Registered
616 Posts
Don't order them as they are not the RSR despite the tread pattern, I got sucked in and only just managed to cancel the order.

Best price I have found for the RSR in 195/50/R15 is £59 + VAT per tyre from BMTI - they have a good stock (and various sizes inc 205/50/R15) plus really nice to deal with.

Carriage is £20 + VAT for a set of 4 - contact Peter on 0121 331 1122

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Don't order them as they are not the RSR despite the tread pattern, I got sucked in and only just managed to cancel the order.

Best price I have found for the RSR in 195/50/R15 is £59 + VAT per tyre from BMTI - they have a good stock (and various sizes inc 205/50/R15) plus really nice to deal with.

Carriage is £20 + VAT for a set of 4 - contact Peter on 0121 331 1122
BMTR

· finds titles too "mainstream"
5,156 Posts
Any idea where BMTR get theirs from? I know there was that whole thing with Rodder's finding some of the cheaper one's were being imported from somewhere in Europe and didn't stick as well.

· finds titles too "mainstream"
5,156 Posts
Mind you that BMTR price is excluding VAT, and if your not in Birmingham you'll need to add £20 freight to the final price as well, and then there is fitting as well say £10.

So all in your looking at £323. Soon adds up.

I don't know if MOT's £83 per corner is incl vat or fitting etc (which is a question I do need to ask!), but if it is your only paying a tenner more and getting them off a guy that has little to gain from fobbing tyres from the arse end of craphistan on to you as there is every chance he'll be sharing a track with you afterwards...

· Registered
3,279 Posts
No, they were ordered last Monday. There was absolutely nothing on their system last Friday 5 days later when I called them. The woman I spoke to at the time said she had no information, but didn't expect them to be delivered until this Friday, so two weeks. Three hours later I had an email to say my payment had been processed. Their system now shows that the tyres left the warehouse on the 22nd and the delivery is expected tomorrow. I will wait and see it the tyres will turn up as I can't imagine the tyres would leave and then they don't take payment for 4 days and also I don't know why it would take 8 days to provide a delivery.

I know this stuff happens, nothing is perfect, but it is the third time it has happened to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.