Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boredom kicked in over the bank holiday weekend so I started tarting up my steel rims for use on drift days. A dremel, a can of primer and a can of gloss black later and here we have.....

She's going to look trailor trash chic we these bad boys on. Black glossy steel rims with the finest array of ditchfinder special tyres on ready to be shredded.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
quality job there mate. watch the tyre fitter dont damage them when there changed. You will never get that finish again lol

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
paint trippy hypnotic spirals on them in white

that would be awesome

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paint trippy hypnotic spirals on them in white

that would be awesome
Hmmm,you tempt me with bad things. A slight spanner in the works is that I thought I had a set of 4 steelies but it turns out I have three + one alloy wheel! Whoops.. Looks like I'm either going to have to do an alloy as well or just go mental with the last alloy and paint it some crazy colour so it just looks even dafter. I did another wheel yesterday and put slightly more effort in to doing it properly and the finish has come out better. I think they will look pretty cool from a distance but not stand up to close scrutiny. I had thought of getting some of that paint that puts a gold pattern over the top of the black. Then again another ?6 might blow the budget...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rosso, the clue was in the title which included the words "steel rims". I admit they are gash but that's half the fun. One thing is for sure tho if you think they look crap now (yes they do I know
, they looked ten times worse before the rattle can action. The thinking is to use them on drift days or as winter wheels if I end up using the car this winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.