Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
So,

In a mission to remove as much of my 5's interior I decided to take off the door panels today. (only to find the passenger one is fairly knackered).

Anyway... reason was to start to look at the electric windows.... seems the passenger side is completely different from the drivers... think it may have been replaced at some point.

It looks like this... also on the passenger side I think the window is not quite getting right to the very top and there's some blue plastic effort flopping about in there?

It's all coming out at some point for a proper service and to replace the passenger window after I scratched it to buggery (another story)

Anyway... what do we think... is this a spurious part? Do I replace it? I've put some silcone lubricant on the rubber channels for now which has improved things quite a lot (as in you could prob use the window now) however I need a better/more permanent solution.

The passenger side is the worst out of the 2.

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Yep that's something someone's botched together, nothing like the stock one.

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep that's something someone's botched together, nothing like the stock one.
I don't think Bosch window motors are a standard fitting on a 5, but as long as it works???
[/quote]

Well it kinda works... apart from the fact that I think the window should be ever so slightly higher when fully up... and it's a bit slow... but then aren't they all!? Looks a bit ugly mind!

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine is exactly the same. passemger side bosch, driver side cables. my bosch also doesnt always close fully
Yeah it doesn't seem much cop really... I'd be tempted to change it for a standard one.

Think these bosch ones are sold by SFT...

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have you reset the window stops at the top of the door?

that's what controls the up position with the stock mech
tom
Erm... no... how do I do that?

·
Super Moderator
10,057 Posts
have you reset the window stops at the top of the door?

that's what controls the up position with the stock mech
tom
Erm... no... how do I do that?
[/quote]
at the top of the door, there are 2x 12mm AF bolts iirc. if you look down the inside face of the glass, you'll see 2 right angle plates that stick out and 2 plastic pucks hit those plates. the plates are slotted, so you can move them up and down to set the stop height of the glass and make your door seals seal nicely

tom

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers...

Found the assembly on mx5parts here by the looks of it..

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/759

Looks just like that one... apparently uses screw drive and not cables like the OEM one.

Interesting that the passenger window seemed to be the worst one though!?

It is however much better now I've wanged some silcone lubricant in the front channel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts