Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 MX-5 ND1. I have had 2 different base tunes from other companies. They seemed to be leaving me short on performance for the exhaust work I have added. Especially on Track Days it just seemed sluggish. I have GWR's 421 header, max mid-pipe and SQHV muffler. Bryan sent me the instructions for logging data. I went to CMP Track Day the on Wednesday and WOW!!!! What a difference. Even with my A/T, the improvements were substantial. FAB9 is definitely on top of the tuning platform!
Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes cant agree more. I also got the fab9 N1 map sent to me from Bryan, it is such a smooth power map really changes the behaviour of the car. Only thing i told them to enable pops and bangs but didnt get any.

·
Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
139 Posts
Yes cant agree more. I also got the fab9 N1 map sent to me from Bryan, it is such a smooth power map really changes the behaviour of the car. Only thing i told them to enable pops and bangs but didnt get any.
What is your exhaust set up, including manifold, de-cat, diameter of pipe?
do you have a turbo?

·
Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
139 Posts
The mid pipe is 2.5" with 5"cat. The large cat that is part of the manifold is deleted with GWR max torque header. Just move/screw in the O2 sensor to behind the new 5" cat. Here is the midpipe from GWR Magnaflow MaxMidpipe for MX5-ND , mx5 no turbo
Was aimed at the other guy who said he didnt get his pops and bangs. If my memory serves me correctly, you need a boosted engine to really get any effect from pop and bang map. Not to say you can't have it on an NA set up. Also have any cat present creates a restriction in the airflow, pop and bangs are "mapped" in by adding overfuelling on deceleration right? so all that would do is destroy a perfectly good cat in a couple of runs...

I'm not a tuner mind

1 - 5 of 5 Posts