Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Does anyone know a place that would be willing to quickly put on my new catalytic converter - in the brighton area?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
any of the hoards of members down near you andy?? lot of knowledge down there....if theyre all busy, of course ill do it up here, but petrol costs would outwiegh cheap i suppose.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate, really need it done today though so I can try and get my free mot re-test and I also have to go to work at some point. I'd do it myself but scared bolt etc are going to shear off and be a pain.

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
im in all day, and dave is coming up from kent,do do car stuff,so its no probs if you wanna spend money on fuel rather than a kwik-fit booze up.

diy andy, go get a spray of penetrant,a good one, soak several times ,then have a go. whilst youre out at car factors or sam centre, get new nuts,and two gaskets, and dont forget, a 1.8 one AND a 1.6 one...

youre small enough to not even need jacking it up..haha

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ron, can you pm me your number please?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whoops! should be ok now

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
plan fell apart..once we saw the state of the nuts,or rather lack of nut edges. and the fact that they was welded into the holes,and only solution was outside help.
we went to predators(my mates) in welwyn,had a word in thier ears, 3 blokes and ocyaceteline,and grinders later, all off and new cat fitted.
clearly the worst 5 cat ive seen,nuts were welded in,and once cut off,the bolts were welded/stuck in the flange holes too..
dave took a few pisstake photos so theyll be up on here at a later date,so we can all generally take the piss.

sorry i couldnt get em off andy,but i think youll agree once you saw what they had to do at predators, this wasnt gonna be an easy home fix.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
agreed mate, no worries. I had a nice drive out in the country (M25 was chocka today) - took me 3.5 hours to do a 2 hour trip! now home and cooking dinner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.