Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've fitted a typhoon onto the 5 for some noise - and it's a top piece of kit, looking at exhausts for a mk2 2 seems a bit limited, correct me if i'm wrong, but i think its just a backbox unless you replace the centre section which has the cat in (hence no real cat back systems that make much difference) I've seen mixed reviews of backboxes like the mx5 parts one actually making any difference to noise as its the restrictive centre section doing all the muffling. Is it worth changing the backbox - or anyone know a system that replaces the centre section.

Just after some more noise and kinda like a wailing japanese exhaust note is poss - there no end of choise for a mk1, but mk2 2's a bit more limited

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I've got an I.L motor sports single. Sounds good and looks good. Coupled with an intake it had a gruff, big engine kind of sound to it if that makes sense. Less wailey more deep. I was looking at the il center section buts its ?500. I guess a manifold would be ?300 ish. Thats a hell of a long way into turbo money with no a huge amount of performance gains.

A nice back box will make a big difference to sound. I can only recommend il motorsports

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
I`m going the MX5parts twin exit route on mine.....when i can prise my wallet open

I Just like the look of the twin exit. Not sure how much it will effect the noise level but i already have the Typhoon for that.

Just awaiting 5parts special exhaust offer again

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just looking for more noise
moss europe have a borla and cobalt alternative too i see, shame the mk2's exhaust set up is different to the mk1, as for a mk1 there loadsa good priced full systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.