Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it done? I cant get my bodge to sit correctly, im coming out of the back of the supercharger and turning right then TB, problem is mounting the TB to something that doesnt flex :/

Ive seen a few setups where the TB bolt directly onto the charger, any ideas of where to get one?

ta

·
Registered
764 Posts
Do you need to move your washer bottle?

·
Premium Member
19,296 Posts
How is it done? I cant get my bodge to sit correctly, im coming out of the back of the supercharger and turning right then TB, problem is mounting the TB to something that doesnt flex :/

Ive seen a few setups where the TB bolt directly onto the charger, any ideas of where to get one?

ta
I'm presuming you have a MINI MP45 supercharger.

The set-ups you've seen where the TB bolts directly to the back of the charger will either be MP62 kits from Moss/SOT/BRP/FlyinMiata or M45 kits from Sebring/JacksonRacing.

These use a 'standard' casing which allows the TB to be directly attached. the MP45 MINI charger is specific for it's application (i.e. the MINI CooperS). This means that an adaptor of sorts is required to be able to fit the bypass valve and throttle body in an MX5 application.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

ta
I'm presuming you have a MINI MP45 supercharger.

The set-ups you've seen where the TB bolts directly to the back of the charger will either be MP62 kits from Moss/SOT/BRP/FlyinMiata or M45 kits from Sebring/JacksonRacing.

These use a 'standard' casing which allows the TB to be directly attached. the MP45 MINI charger is specific for it's application (i.e. the MINI CooperS). This means that an adaptor of sorts is required to be able to fit the bypass valve and throttle body in an MX5 application.
[/quote]

thanks you kindly!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Another option is to weld the 90 degree pipe (I used 3" tight bend and hammered the other end to correspond the charger elliptic shape) to the back of the charger and weld a flange for the TB to another end. You also need a pipe for bypass (40mm). See pic:

This will fit LHD car too and you don't need to fabricate oil stick. It also flows nicely and throttle cable is easy to attach to the back of the charger. Inlet piping for TB is easy to fit and you don't have to struggle with heater pipes (as with the TR Lane model).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.