Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of pics i took today at my dads local Cobra club meet. Bloody awesome day for it! ( and the blast around afterwards!
)

There were a lot more eventually!

T'was a fun day..

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
Fanfooooooookintastic

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Nice pictures of such a great car.
There is one near here and you can hear it coming, can't help but look round and watch it go by just like I did as a school boy.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
The Cobra's always been one of my favorites too
Would love a Gardner Douglas replica

What would one cost?

Are the ones above the real thing or kit cars?
You can pay anything from the ?10k ish for a low end replica to waaaay up into silly money for an original. Most you see on the road today will be replica's, though I think AC are still making them in a few different forms. They were a few years ago anyway as I had a good look round one in a showroom in manchester

A pic of a very nice example I snapped at Mallory last weekend...

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They were all replicas. The polished one is a Kirkham but registered as an AC ( naughty ) and running race tyres ( naughty!! ).

My dad's is a Gardner Douglas Mk3, with 350 Chevy ( Corvette, basically! ) running Tremec 5-Speed box, Jag diff, 12" AP racing front brakes, Link ecu and producing anywhere between 440-480 bhp, although it's not been dyno'd yet. ( Tuning to come, whoopee! ) It's stunningly fast, that's for sure!

I estimate the cost of his build would've been ?30k+. The Kirkham was prolly almost double that!

This is his.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.