Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a real predicament, I've always loved bikes and still do but I love cars just as much, I've owned 5 bikes from aprilia rs125 to honda hornet 600 and such, however I have now gotten the big again to buy another and this time an r6, I think they are fantastic and it's been my dream bike since I can remember, however I know as soon as the car is gone and the bike takes its place I will miss it, I've put a lot of time and money into the mx5 but I really just can't seem to make my mind up mx5 is my second car so bike wouldn't be used daily, any help to persuade me either way would be appreciated:)

Thanks
Ollie

·
Registered
340 Posts
Can't beat the feeling on a bike I don't know how to describe it but its just so good.
However unless your very good,very brave or or need locking up for your own safety you'll never be able to push it to its limits as you can a car.
Even a mk1 with none of the modern safely stuff on will probably always be a safer place to be even if you are the best rider in the world.
But then again been on a bike is wonderful and I get the itch every summer when they start whizzing around.
Deep down you know what you really want.

·
Registered
351 Posts
That era of R6 ride almost like a 2 stroke, almost nothing under 8000rpm. They make brilliant track bikes but are quite focused for the road but maybe you love thrashing a bike and reving right up to 15000rpm. I've owned a 2007 ZX6R which is similar and tbh I was disappointed when I bought my 98 R1 because it didn't have the big jump in power when reving a 600cc supersport.

I don't know if you currently own any bike, but I know I couldn't be without a bike in the garage but I could live without a fun car like the mx5.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mx5 all day long! Yours looks very nice and it's turbo'd.....no contest!
Also, I'm not into bikes at all!
You wouldn't understand then
The rush of riding a fast bike quickly cannot be matched by a car imo.
Atom?
Had a go in a Atom and very fast indeed.
Even give a little vibration thru the seat that reminded me of my KTM Duke.
Wish I still had it!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right i think I've come to a decision chaps! The car had to go, I keep fighting off the urge for another bike far too much but I just can't not have one anymore, the girlfreind is also putting in for he test aswell so will be wanting a bike for next summer, the choice of bikes is between the 4 really;
The r6
Zx6r
Gsxr
And my favourite I think the triumph Daytona 675

Decisions decisions

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Gave up road riding a few years ago now. It's a laugh but there's no way you can use even 10th of it's potential.

I love R6's and spent many years thrapping them round UK tracks but that's the only place you can ever properly enjoy them these days.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I know how you feel. I was in the same position this spring. To test if I would be happy with a bike again I rented a 1200 Bandit for a day and had fun with it all day long. Atter that I ended up with the following conclusions:

1. I don't want to own a bike again simply because it is more economical to rent if I use it less than 10 times a year
2. I wouldn't sell my BBR for a bike simply because I am more involved in mx5s and a modern bike is not something to build or modify what I would miss a lot
3. It would be enough for me to spend 5-6 days per year on bike

So rental is the solution for me and I have the opportunity to use different bikes every time!
Another note: V2 sport bikes are much fun on road than 4pots and they give "the feeling" at much lower speed what is good for safety reasons IMO.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Another note: V2 sport bikes are much fun on road than 4pots and they give "the feeling" at much lower speed what is good for safety reasons IMO.
I had an Aprilia RSVR for a while and as a track bike I hated it. Very top heavy, buckets of torque low down that tried to highside me everywhere. I went with slicks for a while but coming out of a 2nd gear corner at Croft once the front wheel came up so fast the screen cut a chunk out of my neck...

As a road bike on the other hand it was brilliant! As you said, the V-twin thumper just worked.

·
Registered
794 Posts
After the VTR I wanted and RSV....than I got an Mx5 NA for a weekend and I fell in love with it. No helmet, you sit so close to the tarmac and you can do really silly things withot risking your life. It was all fun while on the bike I felt myself in danger all the time if I pushed it. The most shocking thing was how much faster the 5 was on twisty road comparing to the bike. I could easily catch sportbikes in the 5 watching them going on the limit while I just played with the throttle. I've instantly fallen out of love with bikes, it was disappointing to see the guys cornering with knee on the tarmac and being slow at the same time comparing to this little twoseater.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.