Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1997 1.8 MX5 that's suffered damage to the nearside front corner. I've started stripping it and found the long bolt for the top arm is bent and it looks like there is damage to the part of the subframe it bolts to.

Fortunately, i've got a complete car for spares. The spares car is a 1996 1.6 MX5, both UK cars.

I've now removed the complete subframe from 'my' 1.8 and am lookinmg at doing a straight swap with the subframe from the 1.6.

Can anybody please tell me if, apart from the discs and calipers, there are going to be any differences between the two or anything to look out for?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the reply gents.

The ARB is still attached to the car so hopefully that won't cause an issue.

The power steering rack from the 1.8 is still attached to the subframe on the floor at the moment. I was planning on keeping the rack from the 1.6 on the subframe and bolting it all up as one. I guess i'll check them tomorrow when i've got it all off but thought i'd ask first.

Thanks for the help, hopefully it'll be fairly straight forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.