Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Don't know about the Copen but Daihatsu do screw their cars together well. I wouldn't have one but I do quite like them. They have no pretentions and, if nothing else, are at least interesting.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
No idea on reliability and speed but I found the one in the showroom a very pleasant place to sit and they look awesome.

Thaty said, if I were buying something that gay I'd be getting a figaro.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
bought the wife a coupe few years back, absolutly great car, lacked top speed 2.0ltr i think, but depreciates like ive never seen. sold it on and lost over 2grand in less than a year. bought and sold privatley

·
Registered
630 Posts
My parents own a Diahatsu Sirion (52 plate) and can't praise the thing enough. Ok the metal is a little thin but mechanically its been spot on. I think Diahatsu are a subsidery of Toyota so most of the parts are shared with other toyotas. The engine in the sirion is a 1.3 vvt engine that makes just over 100bhp and redlines at a silly 7.5k rpm. It also gets loads of kit like aircon, leccy windos, mirrors, folding mirrors, reverse parking sensors, abs and ebd. If your buying new then hold onto it as they do depreciate more than some other cars but they should last a long time. Alternativley buy one that has had a lot of the depreciation already hit it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Have driven a few Daihatsus and they're fine. A friend of mine overseas runs a fleet of them as hire cars and they're ultra reliable (in a country where proper maintenance isn't always easy).

One word about the Copen. I'm 6' 2" and although there's plenty of room for me in an MX-5, and there's even more room in a Smart Roadster (which I ended up buying when I tried a Copen) I couldn't fit in a Copen. Just not enough headroom.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we're both about 5ft8 so should be ok. lol
thanks for the advice, going to have a look at one in the morning and see what she thinks sat in one.
pearl white with red leather... just have to borrow it in the dark!

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
I thought we got a 1.3 as there are no benifits to driving tiny cars in this country.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I love them, cool little cars, I thought I'd also read that the early ones were 600cc Turbos but later onres boring 1.3 n/a

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
its a kei car. they have to be tiny to get the kei car benifits. However we dont even know what a kei car is, so having a bigger engine makes sense.

the pajero mini is quite cool. like a big one, but little. 4x4 and everything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.