Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise me please.

I have a 1989 Eunos first registered in UK in 1996.

When it comes to MOT time which date is the critical one if I want to dispense with the Cat. My V5 shows the car as first registered in UK in 1996 and no mention of the year of manufacture.

Thanks for your help.

Grant

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Can anyone advise me please.

I have a 1989 Eunos first registered in UK in 1996.

When it comes to MOT time which date is the critical one if I want to dispense with the Cat. My V5 shows the car as first registered in UK in 1996 and no mention of the year of manufacture.

Thanks for your help.

Grant
Hi,
As far as I can remember, if the date of manufacture for an import is before June 1996 then you can get away with the "no cat" test. It is easier to persuade the MOT tester if your car is listed as a Eunos Roadster on the V5.

Dave.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My previous 89 Eunos imported 2004 passed the "No Cat " test. Seem to remember the tester said around 94 was break off year for imports with no cat test.
My V5 says B. Date of first registration 1993 and B.1 date of first registration in the UK 2004.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My previous 89 Eunos imported 2004 passed the "No Cat " test. Seem to remember the tester said around 94 was break off year for imports with no cat test.
My V5 says B. Date of first registration 1993 and B.1 date of first registration in the UK 2004.
Thanks Chaps. Very helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts