Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Been after a MK1 weekend toy for a few months now since selling the Sport & although a few colours tempted me i secretly hankered after a rust free white one & spotted this beauty on Ebay a week ago.

After many questions & picture requests we agreed a price including a fresh MOT & i picked it up this morning from sunny Norfolk.

Ran like a dream on the journey home & what a great day weather wise for a 100 mile hoon

Imported in 2004 & never seen the rain let alone salted roads!

1992 with 62000 miles on the clock & had a full cambelt service at 58K. Came with all the old MOTs & shed loads of paperwork & Jap stickers & of course the original flare.

Few nice upgrades including Tanabe Sustec suspension, nice sounding exhaust, Nice strut brace with brake master cylinder brace & a couple of nice blue underbody braces. (all Cusco i assume?)

15 inch Enzo wheels fitted & the original daises came with it too.

Momo Prototipo steering wheel, original Roadster floor mats & a decent JVC stereo with upgraded speakers all round. Sunglasses holder in place of the ashtray which is a nice bonus.

Not sure how long the style / roll bar will last as no doubt Mrs BRG will want a windbreak of some sort. May just look for the windbreak that straps to the headrests for now as i quite like the look of the bar that`s on it.

I`d describe it as near mint apart from one dent behind the passenger door but the paint hasn`t cracked so it can stay like that untill Painter Dave opens a southern branch

Suffice to say i`m chuffed to bits with it & it makes a nice change to turn up & find one exactly as described

Here`s a few pics

Need to buy a grill sometime soon to protect the radiator & it could do with the "flash to pass" & "lights on buzzer" mods doing but so far that`s all i`ve noticed.

Front brake pads are low but a new set of EBC pads came with the car as well as a new pair of discs but at first glance the ones on there look fine & are drilled / grooved ones! New discs & pads already fitted on the rear.

And no! I`m still not changing my user name

·
Registered
331 Posts
This is nice and in the best colour

·
Registered
486 Posts
Real nice solid looking car you got yourself there Plum

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Nice to know good Mk1's ones can still be found. Very, very clean, I always look straight at the rear arches on a white one for the (almost) inevitable brown staining but yours are like new.

The roll bar is most definitely not passenger friendly, always makes me think the driver doesn't get on with their other half, who has a good life insurance policy

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The roll bar is most definitely not passenger friendly, always makes me think the driver doesn't get on with their other half, who has a good life insurance policy
Cheers guys! I`m off work untill May 4th
so hopefully get time to get underneath & check everything over but first impressions all seem good

Have to agree on the roll bar. I will probably go for the genuine Mazda TT set up i had on my sport unless another Mike Satur set comes along!

So if anyone fancies a swap for either of these give me a shout

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah,itll do...can u imagine 3 white ones here..
Cheers guys! I`m sure there will be a few local meets soon enough.

Who`s got the other white ones then Ronnie lad

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saw you on Poynters Road today Dave. Car looks great. Roof down of course. I was in my wifes orange CR-V

Derek
Yep you sure did
Roofs not been up since i bought it....long may that continue!

Just as well you didn`t wave in your CR-V i`d have thought you were a nutter

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like you've got yourself a good buy there Dave, very clean with some nice extras..

Please sell me your steering wheel
Bloody hell Garaths after that too....I`ll have no car left at this rate

BTW There`s one on Ebay for about ?130 if you`re desperate!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Glad to see you are back in the fold! Looks like you picked up a nice car with some desirable extras

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not sure how long the style / roll bar will last as no doubt Mrs BRG will want a windbreak of some sort. May just look for the windbreak that straps to the headrests for now as i quite like the look of the bar that`s on it.

Dave, deako is selling one of these in the for sale section ?30

Andy

1 - 20 of 121 Posts