Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
who? me?
175 Posts
The sodding barge races are that weekend the whole sodding world will be desending on Mersea that weekend! Ok for me, but a hell of a way from upt norf. especially with bank holiday traffic
. Guess we should be thankful it's happening at all, but it does have a that's all we could get last minute.com feel about it. Martin will be happy though
Mersea is a very odd place, not somewhere I particularly like, but have been sailing there!

I can't find any clashing dates for that weekend;
http://www.sailingbargeassociation.co.uk/bargematches.html

Doers anyone know what the actual venue is? Its not that big an island, to fit thousands of cars on !!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Out of the question for me 650+ miles each way

Unless I take in a visit to the in-laws at Louth

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
But where is the venue? anyone googled it yet and found it? any chance of a link to a map or something chaps?
go south east till you run out of country
[/quote]

*drives to Dungeness*
[/quote]

I've heard thats a pretty bleak desoolate place, complete with its own nuclear powerstation

·
who? me?
175 Posts
But where is the venue? anyone googled it yet and found it? any chance of a link to a map or something chaps?
go south east till you run out of country
[/quote]

*drives to Dungeness*
[/quote]

I've heard thats a pretty bleak desolate place, complete with its own nuclear powerstation

[/quote]

yeah dungeness is, but thats nowhere near Mersea... which has no power station, although there is a closed down Nuclear station at Bradwell on other side of the river...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
We live 'down south' and this is no closer than peterborough, which we made it too despite the motorway beng closed and all sorts of flooding and landslides going on.... so there is no excuse for the 'its too far' thing

·
I Only Smile Cos I Don't Know Whats Going On &
3,234 Posts
I am so gutted, i dont think i am gunna be able to make it. These dates fall on the second week on one of my placements, and i would feel a bit cheeky asking for so many days off, and they probably wont give them me anyways.

I will see what i can do but i would not know untill the week before, as i only start that placement the week before this.

I really wanted to go aswell, oh well can still do rotorstock !

·
who? me?
175 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Well I Dont think I will be coming to this.. Its the distance really. I was hoping for somewhere a bit more central than this. Haf is back in work on 1st of september and There is no way I want to get up half drunk on a sunday and drive all the way back to North wales. If it had been mid August it would have not been so bad cos I could have stayed the extra day and driven back on Monday :-(

·
Founding father of the church of third day Benism
3,001 Posts
500 miles! Couldnt be further away! If Kev goes I'll come along. Could share fuel costs and just take mine or yours if you fancy Kev? Haf and rusty would have to stay at home though....

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.