Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case any other members can't log in and see this, I tried and tried to log in to the new-look forum with my user name and password but it just said the user name could not be found. Eventually I tried using my screen name and that worked!

I very vaguely remember that many years ago when signing up I couldn't use my usual screen name "Martin Y" as a user name, and had to use my full name "Martin Young". That's been my user name ever since, even though my on-screen name was different. Bizarrely the new forum seems not to know that those names are two different things. If others are in the same position there are probably a whole bunch of people now locked out. Try using your on-screen name instead of your actual user name. Password stayed the same, thankfully.

·
Registered
882 Posts
In case any other members can't log in and see this, I tried and tried to log in to the new-look forum with my user name and password but it just said the user name could not be found. Eventually I tried using my screen name and that worked!

I very vaguely remember that many years ago when signing up I couldn't use my usual screen name "Martin Y" as a user name, and had to use my full name "Martin Young". That's been my user name ever since, even though my on-screen name was different. Bizarrely the new forum seems not to know that those names are two different things. If others are in the same position there are probably a whole bunch of people now locked out. Try using your on-screen name instead of your actual user name. Password stayed the same, thankfully.
Thanks Martin.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I eventually logged in with a completely new password, hopefully things will settle down. Not tried images yet

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Logged in ok, but I'm getting notifications to approve new members 🙄

·
layabout
2,178 Posts
Logged in ok, but I'm getting notifications to approve new members 🙄
Such is the life in the admin / moderator role:p

I just keep getting the same notification for a pm I saw a few days ago:sneaky:

Rich.

·
Banish a little rust a day people
4,868 Posts
I have been trouble free :LOL: but the second I saw the early notice I did make sure my build thread was backed up after last time, lol.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I like this new format, it is used in quite a number of car forums now. So I am used to it.

What is good about it is you can click the 'new' circle icon at the top, and all the latest threads come up. Also the rectangular box to the right of it, if a small dot attach's to it, then you have alerts, usually latest on threads you have created, commented on or following.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts