Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to order my MS soon-ish, but I also want to run COPs, what needs to be done to run COPs with this?

I ask, as when I was looking to MS my corrado, I wanted wasted spark, and an ECU mod was needed to do this.

Cheers guys

·
Dimitris
1,575 Posts
I'm looking to order my MS soon-ish, but I also want to run COPs, what needs to be done to run COPs with this?

I ask, as when I was looking to MS my corrado, I wanted wasted spark, and an ECU mod was needed to do this.

Cheers guys
If your Corrado had a distributor, this means that the MS only had 1 ignition output built, so you needed to add a second one to convert to wasted spark.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Cheers guys
If your Corrado had a distributor, this means that the MS only had 1 ignition output built, so you needed to add a second one to convert to wasted spark.
[/quote]

Yes it did, I'm not the one building the ECU, but I knew that another one of something needed to be added, that'd be why.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I followed the above guide and gutted my ignitor to make the connector for the COP'S. Really straight-forward and although it's a PITA to make the plate to secure the COP'S to the rocker cover - it's worth it. Just change the dwell settings in TS.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Anyone done this cops conversion on a mk2.5 1.8 and can add some info on how it's done, The linked guide was really written with a mk1 1.6 in mind so I'm a bit unsure on how to get it right.
Do you have a 3 pin coil pack like me?

From whati I can see we need to follow the 95.5+ diagram.

I'm trying to do to this the weekend Mate so we can help each other out if you like.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Anyone done this cops conversion on a mk2.5 1.8 and can add some info on how it's done, The linked guide was really written with a mk1 1.6 in mind so I'm a bit unsure on how to get it right.

I'm trying to do to this the weekend Mate so we can help each other out if you like.
[/quote]

No, mines a mk2.5 so 2 of the plugs are cop already and the other 2 leads are hooked up to the cops plugs.

Thanks for the offer but my leg is currently in plaster and I'm some distance from you anyway. Just planning for the future.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

[/quote]

No, mines a mk2.5 so 2 of the plugs are cop already and the other 2 leads are hooked up to the cops plugs.

Thanks for the offer but my leg is currently in plaster and I'm some distance from you anyway. Just planning for the future.[/quote]

I meant with a series of pictures and instructions.

Not to worry as mr slow said I don't think the different is huge, I don't have a tacho on mine either

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.