Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any good re spray companies in london who will do a good new paint on my mx5. I have a marina blue one and the lacquer all around the car is peeling and I would love to get it re done if it wasn’t so dear. Any ideas?

·
Phil.
1,879 Posts
I'm afraid you get what you pay for with bodywork. Depends how fussy you are?
For a proper panels off bare metal respray, you are talking 4-6K

·
Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
139 Posts
As above, a respray will cost you anywhere from 2.5k up to something like 10k

You need to budget for rust and filler repair as well as the paint, and any prep work which includes decontamination, body work, taking our and replacing the windscreen, and removal of trim parts, masking up etc

A reasonable finish could be had for 3-4k IF (and it's a big IF) your car has it's original paint, it's not flaking in any position and it needs no welding what-so-ever.

Mileage varies a lot though, I paid 3k for a full respray in sunburst yellow. The car had to have A LOT of prep because the previous owner used rattle cans, I was inexperienced and I didn't know how much of a pain this would cause for preparation of the body work, so it ate into the time I had paid for prep entirely, leaving less time at the end for other bits and having to lay an extra coat of block which then also needed sanding itself. It all adds up quickly.

I will never touch a car that's been rattle canned ever again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts