Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I would really love to say "it's me", but that won't happen. The same one in France would cost over £8k if it was LHD, and easily £6.5k RHD but homologated
What would it cost to homologate such a car ??

·
Registered
481 Posts
it's very hard to homologate the JDM ones, while the UKDM are still do-able.
If I remember right, importing and registrating a JDM eunos would cost around £1k with no guaranty of success. You have to make some overpriced tests (like braking one) at UTAC for homologation, replace seat belts with the ones having CE logo, changing headlights and adding rear foglight if missing.

edit : forgot to mention that if the car have any single modification which isn't oem, it's game over.

·
Registered
252 Posts
YES..... but....1300 euros for the starting homologating price when you open the UTAC doors but when you go out, you have the specifical european safety list : not only seatbelts and lights... but for safety, all number parts like windshield, windows, tyres (if not "E" print),mirrors,horn ect...

but the first open doors in the UTAC is not the only one.... they always forget something... why ? because not always the same guy you met in UTAC... and say you " ho, thats "jim" you saw last time ? he just forget something to change...

and you can't go by road to UTAC with all the cars... depending the report of the first revue in UTAC.... you could or not...

all like a new car coming in FRANCE from another world...

i've a westie cosworth from luxembourg (sorry not from uk, but more easy with the lhd on this car for our lhd roads) and....
& effort to have ... nothing... so much modification done on the cosworth model by the previous owner... they say : so dangerous for the french road .... what ? yes it's right she go like the wind (MADDA know that....) but drive better than certain french "sports" cars with FWD !!!!

SORRY FOR THIS INTRODUCTION, IT'S HERE "5" GREAT UK FORUM ....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.