Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
I'm happy to go along about an hour for me.

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
I was going to post about this. I'm the 'club contact' with the organisers, but I really need a southerner or two to act in my stead at this as I'll not easily be able to get to this meeting.

Volunteers please! (wd Miles
)

Daz

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am half an hour away and free that weekend. Haven't been involved in Nutz that long so would rather not take sole responsibility for this important task but happy to meet Miles there and/or be part of a small group that sort out things. Looks like we get to choose our pitch there and then which is a huge responsibility - need to have a really good idea of our requirements and an idea of which facilities we wish to be close to beforehand to help with this.
Just let me know if you want me to go along and what you want me to do/say when I get there!
Claire

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Seem to be a lot of issues to address, added to the usual stuff is the fact that the pitches do NOT have eletrickery and we will need genies. Also it seems that gazebos may only be supplied from pre-approved firms (presumably someone's brother in law).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Seem to be a lot of issues to address, added to the usual stuff is the fact that the pitches do NOT have eletrickery and we will need genies. Also it seems that gazebos may only be supplied from pre-approved firms (presumably someone's brother in law).
hmm, how you know them bad things ?
[/quote]

I read the same stuff on the JAE website so i guess that is where Miles picked it up from. The organisers now seem to be looking into perhaps getting a hire firm to drop generators on each pitch to save groups bringing/hiring their own - don't now what the cost of those will be.
Site also states that there will be a list of local gazebo suppliers apparently who will be permitted to come on site - not sure if this means you can't bring your own personal/private/club gazebo or just that you can't employ a firm not on the list to supply one for you. I am hoping things become a bit clearer at the meeting.

·
who? me?
175 Posts
hmm, how you know them bad things ?
[/quote]

I read the same stuff on the JAE website so i guess that is where Miles picked it up from. The organisers now seem to be looking into perhaps getting a hire firm to drop generators on each pitch to save groups bringing/hiring their own - don't now what the cost of those will be.
Site also states that there will be a list of local gazebo suppliers apparently who will be permitted to come on site - not sure if this means you can't bring your own personal/private/club gazebo or just that you can't employ a firm not on the list to supply one for you. I am hoping things become a bit clearer at the meeting.
[/quote]

ok, not looked at JAE website for a bit... lots of generators running all night doesnt sound too good,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.