Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
changing gear is over rated
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen a topic posted yet, anyone going? Will be at Costa for around 9.30-10 am as usual

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi Steve - Subject to me having shifted this lousy cold I'll be there.
Rod

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Sorry I've not posted chaps, but it's been a prety bad last couple of weeks for me. I went to France for a skiing course that I have to do periodically but I injured myself and have just come out of hospital for a operation to repair a ruptured achilles tendon. This now means I'm stranded down south at my folks place and laid up for the next couple of months.

Therefore I need someone to take over the coordination role for the meet for this month and probably also next month. I don't wan tto stop the meet in my absence as its about the meet rather tha me at the end of the day.

Steve, as you've posted do you want to take up the role temporarily?

There's nothing much to it, just act as a central point for the meet and try to make any newcomers feel welcome when the first come along.

Post here or pm me if you prefer.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi Pete - Sorry to hear about your accident. Bloody painful. See you when your mobile again.
Rod

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Sorry to hear that pete hope you get better soon.

I cant make this meet due to work but if the one in February is the 1st sunday then Ill be there again
cheers fellas. It is pretty painful, but at least I'm out of hospital now. A strange side effect of the general anaesthetic they gave me is that I've had hiccups for most of the last 48 hrs!
I've got no idea how that happens!

·
changing gear is over rated
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should have got an auto Pete

I'll be there 9.30 to 11, then wifey stuff to do, mainly shopping

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Should have got an auto Pete

I'll be there 9.30 to 11, then wifey stuff to do, mainly shopping
Think that will do OK, just needs someone around early on. lol on the auto front
though it's my right leg with issues so even that would have been out. I might be able to make the feb meet, but I'll probably be asking someone to give me a lift as driving will still be out of the question then.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Will try to make it, fitting decat on saturday and i have managed to get car registered as an import! Still have a decent drivers side tan leather seat cover and bilsteins/springs to offload if anyone is interested?

·
Sophie XD
513 Posts
Will try my best to get over...all depends on what time the other half finishes work on Sat night but hopefully it won't be too late so I can get him up and drag him along in the morning

Sophie

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
I might be able to pick you up on the way pete, provided my nephew cant make it. Its an option at least
Thanks for the offer mate but I'm rather a long way 'down south', maybe I'll be about for next months but even that is looking unlikely presently owing to the length of time I've got to stay in plaster. By march hopefully I'll be driving again.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sorry. I was planning on being there but my "Cold" turned into "Flu" so thought I better try and keep it to myself. See you next month.
Rod

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.