Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
I'll take the seats of anyone that buys it

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll take the seats of anyone that buys it
Buy the car & re-sell with standard seats....doubt you`d lose out. No mention of MOT though.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LoL - dave, this was the one i was looking at one year ago when i first joined the forum - you gave me advice on it back then!
Glad to see you took no notice then

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know the car from before then dave?

Anything wrong with it then?
No idea never seen it before & don`t remember it from before.......It`s an age thing you understand

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Not me dave.

The ad was really badly written, not mentioning any details but i found out it had mot till nov 2011 and tax till the end of the month.

jap manuals and had been serviced recently.

Sounds like a really good buy unless it had bodywork issues.

·
Registered
499 Posts
No body work issues when i saw it a year ago - no rust at all in fact - at that point it only had one former keeper. It was at a dealer and they were asking ?2700 for it. I was pitching for ?2k... we got to ?2350 but couldnt agree on cambelt change to be included as the garage insisted it was a chain. Dealer also thought the seats were aftermarket and promised to through in the originals.

in the end i was turned off by the dealer becuase they were lying through their teeth but left them an offer of ?2k or i would leave it... which is what i did. Only probs with it was the tired interior - everything was faded plus i dont fit in the mx5 with the recaro (6'4 ish) they are too upright - top of my head was about two inches above the roof line.

9,290 Posts
Is the RS Sticker on the wrong side on this car. I thought it should be on the passenger side?

Also has a valuable number plate, M3 ***, which I guess must be pretty valuable.

Makes my one look expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.