Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right gents, ill try to fire it again in the morning but this afternoon I had enough and called it a day.

I changed my Cas o ring but I really struggled to get the mark right when putting it back in.
So I removed the rocker cover which made it easy them put it all back together.

Now the bugger won't fire, it turns then there was an almighty bang... But in start.

I have checked I put The ht leads back on in the right order but I didn't mark the coil pack connectors. So took a guess which one was left and right. This shouldn't ,after anyway should it?

Any one e,se think if Any reason it won't fire up please?

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Pleanty of under bonnet pics around to compair with

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...I didn't mark the coil pack connectors. So took a guess which one was left and right. This shouldn't ,after anyway should it?
Yes, you've potentially got sparks on 1 and 4 when it should be 2 and 3[/quote]

I see so try changing the coil pack 3 pin wires around?

I know the ht leads are right on the coil pack so It must be that.

It's not possible to put the cas in wrong so I have ruled that out already.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Oh... I thought it was the coilpack end of the ht leads we were talking about. The only wires you could get wrong. Have you had the 3 pin plug apart for some reason?

I think cas wiring getting broke is more likely, it is not uncommon for the wires to bust at the plug. The fault codes would tell you this.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorts this in the morning, swapped the three pin wire connectors around and job done.

As Indykid said it must matter on the firing order.

Ill need to remember that for when I do my cops I supppose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.