Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your expertise - I'm just having some work done on my turbo car and need to source a cat for the MOT. It currently has a decat pipe with an FM dual exit exhaust and after market downpipe. The car is a 1995 California, and when I put the registration in the Euro Car Parts website it comes up with a 440mm cat. However, having measured the decat pipe, it's 400mm at its shortest length and 430mm at its longest!

Anyone know where the cat is measured from? What the correct length for a 1995 1.8 is? Also, if I can figure out what size cat I need, where to get a cheap one for an MOT?

Kind of stuck right now! Many thanks.....

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,615 Posts
The measurements are a bit vague, but that definitely sounds like a '440mm' rather than a '370mm' or a '475mm'.

A 1995 UK 1.8 should have come with a 440mm cat. Only Japanese market Roadsters continued to use a 370mm on 1.8's and the 475mm cat had not yet been introduced.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Martin. I've got a feeling the FM dual exit exhaust and custom downpipe may result in a non standard cat having been fitted. Was there ever a 330mm cat?

Anyone know where the cat is measured (seeing as it's 'on on angle')?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.