Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just a couple of questions about roll bars. I have done lots of searches but only seem to come up with tr lane vs hard dog type debates.

I am always on the look out for a roll bar at the right price. Prices have gone up a lot since I first meant to get one but other things like suspension and babies have got in the way.

I'm thinking hard dog (not sure which model off hand but the Tr lane TD is a direct copy of it) or the carbing steel cage. Might even consider a tr lane TD bar.

Door bars would be a bonus but not really the question I'm asking but info on them would be appreciated. Are they worth it?

What I want to know is there any advantages/ disadvantages between the two types. Carbing obviosly go all the way to the floor, does this benefit?

Money wise they are about the same as I have noticed people now seem to be selling the carbing at silly prices for old bars that have been out of more cars than the stig.

Thanks in advance for your responses. Hope it doesn't end up as another Tr lane slag off thread.

lots of love Nathan

·
Registered
468 Posts
From one Nathan to another. Have you checked RHDjapan's website ? Cusco cages are fairly cheap at around £180 for the 4 pointer. Not sure on shipping mind.

The rest I haven't personally read in to so cant comment on as of yet.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nathan, just had a look at their website, but they are a lot more expensive than you think. Before shipping is added.

Eager to see what Phil from performance 5 is going to come up with. What style.

I was hoping for some info from users of either style.

nathan

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No other opinions on this???

After some pros and cons on both styles before I commit.

Nathan

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have a carbing and the biggest issue for me is not being able to get the seats all the way back. Plus, if you're keeping the seatbelts, it gets in the way of them too.

Also, my hardtop plans are on hold due to it, because of the problem fitting the side catches.

Still *love* it, though.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply dxg, this is just the sort of info I' m after.

Keep it coming folks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Same here, thumbs up for Carbing, does restrict seat travel backwards but only by a inch or two and i personally prefer having it bolt to the floor rather than seatbelt towers, just seems more sturdy to me!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for the info so far guys.

Anyone using a hard dog that can throw some light on the subject, any pros or cons?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.