Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Ok so I need to tax my car.

It's currently SORN and I don't have the reminder due to tax expiring when I bought the car.

I do have my log book paper now and insurence certificate and MOT, was just wondering, can I go to the post office at any time to get tax and put it back on the road or does it need to be a certain time of the month? Because it's not taxed and off the road would have thought I could do it anytime but unsure if it needs to be at the end of the month for me to tax?

Please let me know it's doing my nut in!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I can just do it anytime then?

Plus if it's done online, is it still taxed while you wait for the disk? Because doesn't it take about 5days to come through?

·
Ecosse
3,884 Posts
So I can just do it anytime then?

Plus if it's done online, is it still taxed while you wait for the disk? Because doesn't it take about 5days to come through?
You spotted a potential disadvantage. When we tax online, we have the overlap period of applying while the current discs are diplayed. Murphy's Law applied you risk being be done just as you would for not displaying a current disc that has dropped into the footwell.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Be warned, if you apply to tax a SORNED vehicle online it can only run from the 1st of the month you're in, so if you taxed it today you'd be paying 6 months worth for barely over 5 months of tax - if you want a full six months usgae you have to tax it on the 1st of the month at a Post Office.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.