Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just bought my 1.8 VR Ltd, noticed a flat spot around 2-3,000rpm in second gear. Fancied doing the diagnostic test thing anyway so rigged up an LED, resistor and bit of wire and got quite a lot of flashes out of the diagnostic box.

However, I'm a bit puzzled as one of the codes looks like 13, but apparently there is no error code 13.

Here's a video of the flashing codes, please could someone interpret them for me?

Thanks!

eleanor

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
That's quite a lot of codes - some might be from a long time ago. You might want to clear them all and see which come back.

I've seen #13 on my car once, but it never came back, so I ignored it. All of the instructions/lists of codes that I've found seem to have exactly the same codes, as if they're copies from the same book. There is some information for a Mazda 929 - http://forums.mazdaworld.org/145-technical-guides/62672-how-pull-read-ecu-trouble-codes.html - some of the other codes match, so it's possible that Mazda used the same codes in several ECUs. In that case, #13 is a "pressure sensor".

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, reset the codes and went for a long drive, tested again and it's all clear now - no codes at all.

Also changed plugs & leads and put a couple of tanks of Ultimate through her, and some Redex, and the hesitation is gone. She drives sweet

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Sweet, reset the codes and went for a long drive, tested again and it's all clear now - no codes at all.

Also changed plugs & leads and put a couple of tanks of Ultimate through her, and some Redex, and the hesitation is gone. She drives sweet
I've recently pulled code 13 from mine also, would you be able to do me a big favour and check the code on the top of the ecu?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.