·
Registered
2,477 Posts
No code. 1 long flash then nothing.. have to recheck after it does it

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
There were mutiple codes in there prob from when alternator died but shouldve reset as changed and battery off. There was defo a 115 in there before reset. It didnt do it on warm up drive this time typical.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Well 2nd drive... and again not played up... now did reset that cleared the codes reset fuel trims etc like a obd2 clear does.. its running great on warm up and warmed up. Ive not had battery off since fitting ect.. only other day to clear multiple codes accumulated. be nice to sort b4 sorn at month end.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Well. I thought id re inact route to work and sure enough 3rd roundabout no throttle. Whizz around roundabout and home..
No blimin codes. Just the long light and nothing. 3 cycles of ignition and nothing lol. It only done it for about 5 secs usually a good minute of dead throttle fast n furious gearchanges to keep throttle input. Watch this space lol.. ill keep doing reads. Have to say though new ect its alot better.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well. I thought id re inact route to work and sure enough 3rd roundabout no throttle. Whizz around roundabout and home..
No blimin codes. Just the long light and nothing. 3 cycles of ignition and nothing lol. It only done it for about 5 secs usually a good minute of dead throttle fast n furious gearchanges to keep throttle input. Watch this space lol.. ill keep doing reads. Have to say though new ect its alot better.

When I reset my ecu after getting the 115 code, I did 6 miles with it running rough on way home from work, and the code didn't come back. Ecu seems to be slow at logging faults, guessing it needs quite a while/or miles to realise and log one.
Contacted mx5 parts and sent ect sensor back through ebay, they send you a parcel label so costs nothing, and apparently they have sold loads without problem! (cough - bull...) - funny how I've only spoken to one person that has one, and theirs sucked too. How many others are wasting fuel with one of those unknowingly? They will send it back to the manufacturer to find out why it doesn't work! - lol, yeah right, it says made in Taiwan on the box! - like they would give a f.
Bought a coil pack from them a couple years back,,, lasted all of 6 months too.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Gonna drive abit longer and see mine plays up for max 2 mins.. and today like 5 secs.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Again no codes today and a minor hiccup... ive cleaned the old 1 and put it back in.. see what happens next drive.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
So original ect is rubbish.. its awful on warm up.. so an oem replacement is required.. still no code mind. The pattern part is so much better but still does it. Its resistance range/ curve must be slightly out. £43 for new oem 1..mmmm might try a breaker first #imtight.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So original ect is rubbish.. its awful on warm up.. so an oem replacement is required.. still no code mind. The pattern part is so much better but still does it. Its resistance range/ curve must be slightly out. £43 for new oem 1..mmmm might try a breaker first #imtight.

I recently bought a genuine mazda coolent temp sensor from autolink, was £34 posted...
Hasn't made any difference to the dip in revs after starting on a hot engine though.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts