Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a replacement cambelt on my 114 bhp 1993 1.6

other than the waterpump, is there anything else i should be considering?

the actual cost of fitting the replacement cambelt is cheapest at my local mazda main dealer (£119), and they say that they have never known the tensioner, idlerer or spring needing replacement
however , the main dealer cost for the tensioner (£72) and idler (£32) , is substancially higher than what the independents are charging

does this suggest that the main dealer parts are of a higher quality ?,and would it be safer to go with them?

has any one had any experience of the quality of work done by mx5 heaven?

thank-you

·
ターボパワー
3,407 Posts
have you thought of doing it yourself..

www.mx5parts.co.uk for the parts you require. I used after-market on mine to no ill effect.

grab yourself a FM ninja tool.

http://www.flyinmiat...number=35-62000

lock the cams in place after putting the car on TDC. undo the pulley's remove belt.. unbolt water-pump place new pump there.. bolt up side pipe for radiator and heater matrix.

new pulley's on, new belt on.. pretty much job done.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm in the process of doing mine, (project car so no rush!) buying all my bits from mx5 parts. Haven't used that tool but wish I'd seen it before. So far it's taken me 3 hours to completely strip it down ready for its water pump. Not difficult at all and you'll save yourself a lot of money

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
have you thought of doing it yourself..

www.mx5parts.co.uk for the parts you require. I used after-market on mine to no ill effect.

grab yourself a FM ninja tool.

http://www.flyinmiat...number=35-62000

lock the cams in place after putting the car on TDC. undo the pulley's remove belt.. unbolt water-pump place new pump there.. bolt up side pipe for radiator and heater matrix.

new pulley's on, new belt on.. pretty much job done.
That is genius!

I'd suggest using the bottle opener, after fitting the new belt and pump otherwise it could go all kinds of wrong!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Motor factors, but it won't look quite like that and probably won't have a built in bottle opener!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.