Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought someone might be interested....

Shiny Seats

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'd like a set of these in really crappy condition in order to do a full leather job on them. The pictures i see on that link shows they are pretty crappy (to me anyway). I'd expect a lot better for that price, certainly too dear for me to buy and strip.

Just how rare are these seats..? are there other seats which provide the same sort of support on the market rather than some of the pretenders that seem to prevail..?

·
Randomer
8,007 Posts
they're not super-ultra rare or anything, and they're not in brilliant nick. If I were selling them I'd be happy to get ?300 for the pair, but as he's mentioned JDM they'll probably sell for the buy it now price:rolleyes:

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had one of these in my 5. Came with the car. It did have a runner but the seat was a touch too big for the car and it pushed on the transmission tunnel so it was off centre by about 4cm. Doesn't sound much but after about 30-40min driving I could feel the strain on my back coz I was trying to line up with the wheel all the time. Also, they weigh about 3-4kg more than a standard Mk1 seat. It was however very comfy and supportive. My consumer advice for the day!

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
I had one of these in my 5. Came with the car. It did have a runner but the seat was a touch too big for the car and it pushed on the transmission tunnel so it was off centre by about 4cm. Doesn't sound much but after about 30-40min driving I could feel the strain on my back coz I was trying to line up with the wheel all the time. Also, they weigh about 3-4kg more than a standard Mk1 seat. It was however very comfy and supportive. My consumer advice for the day!
It couldn't be the same seat, or it was on different seat rails as i'm sitting straight in mine, so i'm guessing it's different BUT you flogging it?

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
650 Posts
It couldn't be the same seat, or it was on different seat rails as i'm sitting straight in mine, so i'm guessing it's different BUT you flogging it?

Cheers
Mark
[/quote]

It's defo the same seats as mine had. Maybe something was amis with it for it to be out of line. Sorry mate. I sold it about a year ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.