Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rang them to start getting the mx5 back on the road.

Now I was shocked at the price, compared with what I was paying on my standard mx5 thats a uk model last year.
Full european cover, breakdown etc included, £350 excess and it cost just £539 for 120bhp with alloys, coilovers, bucket seat, stickers, fibreglass boot and 6000 miles.

Then as im planning to turbo the car I asked how much extra for 200bhp allowance....£689, which is still cheaper than a standard unmoddified uk mx5 driven for 1000 less miles which came in at £780ish on classic car insurance.

Can not speak highly enough of them, I mean the guy I spoke to, Gary, was telling me to supercharge it. He was nice and polite, wasnt trying to rush me off or force the sale either. Quality service and I havent even purchased it yet. What other insurance company would tell you to do a thing like that??

Seriously, if you are moddified then give them a call and be as shocked as I am.

So mx5 might be back sooner than I thought

· Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those were the next on my call list. Was trying to remember the name.

I was just shocked how a moddified car could be less than a standard one, and how good their service was.

· Registered
403 Posts
Those were the next on my call list. Was trying to remember the name.

I was just shocked how a moddified car could be less than a standard one, and how good their service was.
All to do with statistics. If they have had a lot of big claims on standard cars, and yet next to none on modified cars then their algorithms say that people who have modified cars are less likely to claim. Stupid isn't it?
A load of guys on the VX220 forums found out it was cheaper to say their cars were parked on the street rather than in a Garage. Most of them are kept in a driveway or in a Garage so there were very little in the way of claims from owners who kept them on the street making them statistically less of a risk.

· Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve you were right greenlight are cheaper! Didnt expect that.

Now both have been great. But cost wins at the end of the day.
Cant recommend brentacre and greenlight enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.