Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Expert in Idiocracy
1,095 Posts
First thing to then dude is speak the tyre guy there about what pressures to run on the depending, this all depends on the weather depends on how low you go on pressure. With focused you will probably have about 6 sessions in the day maybe more but they are very good with rules for novices. Before you whack the throttle open do at least 3 laps to let your tyres get up to temperature. But mostly take your time, get use to the track and corners can jump out at you from no where. Remember though its not a race, just have fun. You will have 20 minute sessions so plenty of time to get use to the track. Another thing which might be worth while is adjusting your suspension so it's harder.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that. I hadn't really thought about the tyre pressures, but i guess it makes a big difference as the temperatures start to rise?

I've done a bit of reading around and people have also suggested that an oil change is a good idea if the bikes mainly used on the road. Obviously a good service goes down well too!

· Expert in Idiocracy
1,095 Posts
It's also a good idea to tape up you speedo, tape or remove your mirrors. An oil change is a good idea, I tend to do an oil change every 3/4 track days but then again mine is a full on track bike. Yeah man tyre pressures make a huge difference, normal pressure for road are too much and will kill you tyres, on mine I tend to go for a higher pressure in the front then the rear, which is backwards from road pressure but I want the back wheel to dig in. But again speak with the tyre guy there he's normally really sound will give you good advice, the instructors are top notch aswel, if you feel you need a bit of tuition, don't be afraid to ask, they will go with you one to one free of charge, follow you round and give you tips and hints

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, had the track day on Sunday and it was f'ing awesome. Both of my mates dropped out in the end but i really enjoyed it. The day was well run, the grouping seemed appropriate and i maanged to not drop the bike. i have another on in Pembrey booked later in the year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.