Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my mk1 up for sale for a few months now but for various reasons it hasnt sold.
Ive been away from home so it hasnt been driven properly for a few weeks either.

I took it for a drive today and have decided to do some bits on it and keep it for the summer,i think it needs new disks and pads as ill be taking it on the motorway and at the moment it doesnt stop particularly well,ive seen this set on ebay(infamous last words!):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZDA-MX5-EUNOS-1-8-BRAKE-DISCS-BRAKE-PADS-FRONT-REAR_W0QQitemZ330211334882QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4ce2211ae2#ht_930wt_941

Any experience with it?Seems cheap.

Also im going to put the car back on standard springs but a couple of the bilsteins are orginal so could do with replacing whilst im at it,i dont want to spend megabucks on an expensive setup so is OEM my only real option?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Personally I'd want to know exactly what brands of pad and disc I was getting!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep good call,my intentions were to call up and find out what make they were,just wondered if anyone on here had bought them.

I have a new dillema anyway,speaking to my dad he had the front disks and pads changed only a couple of months ago whilst i was away and so they dont need doing,however now im wondering if its worth getting say EBC green stuff pads and standard disks on the back?Is it possible to have upgraded rears and standard fronts?

Also looking at the receipt it seems the local garage charged quite steeply with a parts price of ?80 for the front disks and pads?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts