Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Randomer
8,007 Posts
As per the title, I have some heat reflective material (very similar to thermotec) but require some form of high-temperature resistant adhesive to allow the material to stay stuck down.

Previously I've used adhesive heat reflective tape, but that is now coming away due to age/heat I guess.

I have seen something which may be suitable on the Frost website, but it comes in 1ltr tins! I only need a small amount, 500ml would be more than enough for my application.

Ideas?

·
Rollin' on 15's, baby!
4,393 Posts
JB Weld claims to be good up to 500 F.

·
Super Moderator
10,052 Posts
where's it going jim? i'd think 500ml would do most of the bulkhead and underbonnet

you can get aerosol high temp contact adhesive stuff, but if not, the impact adhesive that KFC uses sound like it might do the business.

·
Randomer
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where's it going jim? i'd think 500ml would do most of the bulkhead and underbonnet

you can get aerosol high temp contact adhesive stuff, but if not, the impact adhesive that KFC uses sound like it might do the business.
It's to cover pipework (ie heater hoses that live next to the downpipe) in the engine bay, and to line the inside of the stainless turbo heat shield, and anywhere else I have enough left over to do:lol:

I'll try my local motor factors tomorrow, if no luck then maybe I'll drop KFC a message.

cheers.

·
Super Moderator
10,052 Posts
It's to cover pipework (ie heater hoses that live next to the downpipe) in the engine bay, and to line the inside of the stainless turbo heat shield, and anywhere else I have enough left over to do:lol:
i wouldn't use any sort of adhesive in any of those places. inside the turbo heatshield......i doubt any adhesive you can get in a tin for a tenner will cope with the heat. you'd be better drilling the heatshield and rivetting on with washers on the inside.

for the pipes, i cut strips with pat's then edged the cut edge with heat tape folded over. wrap them up, then tape the end up.

sticking them on will make it horrible if they ever have to come off
tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts