Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mine fitted straight in.

It connects to three wires, 0V, +12V (permanent) and dash lights.
There is a plug and socket on the back of the clock,check if you buy one that it includes the connector and some wires.

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Yep, Fits a treat.

Try & get a right hand clock one or you can`t see the time very well in 3rd or 5th gears.

Take a look at my rides thread for photos (link below)

·
Registered
165 Posts
As an owner of an E30, I really don't think that is an E30 clock. E36 maybe. Just in case anyone buys one in error.

Martin.

·
Registered
269 Posts
No they are left and right handed.
The cubby box slopes downwards to the front of the car, if you turn it upside down all your tat falls out ;-)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to see if my E30 clock fits..... it definitely doesn't. Are there two types of these "cubby holes"? Mine is one big space. Looks like I may have to get an E36 clock unless somebody can provide evidence of an E30 clock fitted?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody! Very helpful instructions for that mod, unfortunately yesterday when I was trying to disassemble the red cover, the clock simply dismounted into my fingers, so I have the clock adjustment pins and 3 gears that I can't reassembly, does anyone post some pictures of the internal of the clock in order to reassemby it correctly?
thanks in advance to all, regards from italy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts