Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
As above, I would have liked to have started a poll but to be honest I don't know every colour. I'm thinking mk1 here

The ones I can think of:
Classic Red
Art Vin Rouge (dark red)
Radiant Ebony (Black)
Mariner blue
Merlot
Silver
White
Yellow
British Racing Green
Dark blue (cant remember its name)

I may have missed some off as I genuinly can't remember. If someone knows all the colours I will make it into a poll (if it allows me to edit it this way).

Please be honest and not bias because your car is x colour. Eg. My car is red but my favourite is black. I quite like merlots and white too.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
I like white. Its easy to get along with, and hides dents well. Also a high gloss polish is ample, and smears wont show up much if your in a hurry.

dark blue and black are also good colours.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
i didnt have a colour in mind when buying my car so just got the best car regardless of colour but it is definitly my favorite colour im glad i ended up getting it so my vote is for mariner blue

·
Registered
466 Posts
When I went shopping there was only one colour I was interested in. It HAD to be yellow.

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
I always thought the BRG was the colour for mx5's... however now I'm not so sure.

I can't really decide if there is a "best" colour as I've seen many 5's in different colours and I like them all for different reasons.

I do have a few that I think they look "best" in they include;

BRG
Black
White
Yellow
and Red (only if it's not faded)

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
I always wanted montego blue. So its no accident this is what I got this time round.
Art vin rouge and black are my other mk1 colours and on the mk3 i love that radiant ebony mica which is the almost black dark purple one.

I had a white one and hated every minute of it. Idiot really as i spent a fortune on it trying to make it right, and it was the colour that was wrong for me all along.

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
Me faves in no particular order are:

Yellow
Merlot
Black
BRG
White

I'm a bit of a understated bloke so don't like driving round in bright cars so yellows out
Black is a foooooooookin nightmare to clean
White is a foooookin nightmare to keep clean

So it's BRG or Merlot fer me.

If i was looking for a 5 and found one in great condition, with all the right bits, it wouldn't really bother me what colour it was though.

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
yellow followed by mariner blue followed by red for me.

9,290 Posts
My favourite colours in no particular order:

1. Mica satelite blue.
2. Black.
3. White.

Not really keen on red, mariner blue or british racing green but if it's the right car would still buy it.

·
Waiting For The Summer
2,445 Posts
I went looking for a red MK1, ended up getting a Splash Green 2.5

Still yearn for a red MK1 with gold Panasports

But...............

If i was looking for a 5 and found one in great condition, with all the right bits, it wouldn't really bother me what colour it was though.
Cheers
Mark
/\ This /\

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.