Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Naturally aspirational
1,563 Posts
Following on from this thread, Saahil and I are going to get quotes for a replacement for the BBR Manifold, fabricated by a very good fabricator and based on my (cracked) manifold but made in tubular steel.

Would anyone else be interested in a BBR replacement manifold? They will be for a 1.6 only. We need to know how many before we can get firm pricing, but I expect they would be in the £250-£300 ballpark.

·
Naturally aspirational
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The BBR uses a T25 (though I believe a T28 also fits) however, if this goes ahead I can see no reason why a different flange for another turbo couldn't be used - it would only be a minor change (assuming the rest of the geometry remains the same).

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
seems to be one on ebay at the mo.

·
Naturally aspirational
1,563 Posts
seems to be one on ebay at the mo.
Yeah - I'm going to have a crack at trying to win that one - might use it as a template if it's any good. If anyone is thinking of bidding on it, PM me and we can work something out so 2 Nutzers aren't bidding against each other ;-)

·
Registered
6,742 Posts

·
Naturally aspirational
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, I've decided I'm just going to get my existing manifold repaired and run with that, so this Group Buy isn't going ahead. I'm going to make some measurements from my manifold before I fit it though so others can get one made if they decide to go down that route.

I notice that joker on eBay is still trying to sell his tubular steel one, now asking ?350. He'd told me ?600 was the absolute lowest he would go! I bet he never gets close to ?350 for it (I offered him ?125, which I think was far too generous for a used manifold of unknown provenance).

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Just found my manifold is cracked ! Any point reparing it again ( been welded once) ? Is there any replacements anybody knows of ?

·
Naturally aspirational
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll post on your other thread about this....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.