Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I know this sounds trivial, but the remote for my telly has eaten 4 pairs of AAAs since Christmas (Energizers Bogof at Christmas) where as the no mark batteries that came with it lasted over 2 years
. I don't really have much else that uses loose AAAs. Makes me wonder if it's worth paying out for decent batteries just for remotes or are Energizers just shit?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Check all the buttons- if it has had coke or sticky fluid spilt on the remote at any time, a random button may well be engaged all the time. I worked in a HiFi shop and this was a regular question from customers. Most only use a 'pulse' system with the buttons which cancel after a second or so. Failing that - you must be like me and channel hop all day.

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had it apart and checked the buttons the other week. Yep I usually go for Duracells too, just Energizers wereon offer.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
If its a Vestel based tv then i wouldn't put it passed the remote sending out a random code. This can be trouble if the remote starts to cycle through different codes as you might end up corrupting the eprom within the set.

What make and model of the tv is it?

·
Diesel Pwr FTW!!!111
0 Posts
I think usually most remotes have one change of battry in the entire lifetime!

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right popped some new duacells in, see how it goes. It's just a LG plasma thing don't think it's that sophisticated.

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
You want Sayno Eneloop rechargeable batteries Miles.
http://www.eneloop.info/

They're a LOT more efficient at standby voltages and have been tested to show they hold 82% of their charge for 2 years no use.

Cheers
Mark

·
Ecosse
3,884 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.