Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m thinking about a bigger and more comfortable bike, and was thinking about a bandit 1200 or 1250 if I can afford the newer model. Has anyone had one and what do they think of em....I`m not expecting gsxr handling or performance...just just comfort and effortless grunt....I must be getting old.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yep I had 1 for about a year liked it loads of grunt below a 100mph as said just get one with 6 speed mine had five and was too revvy to cruise it annoyed me a bit too much over distance have u tried a fazer 1000 ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm not sure it's year thing I think it was a change in generations so you need a second gen bike (there are some later 1st gen bikes knockin around mine was a 1st gen 2001) so I'm thinkin 2002-2005 mate best thing to do us ask if you spot 1 u like, good luck with it post back on your progress

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bandit 1200 top tool mk1 or 2 five speed hairy over 100mph , good for neck muscle building.....spares easy to get hold of absolutely top aftermarket accessories available and tuning tips galore.....can even handle with a few mods.....the one I had i fitted damper and springs kit to front and a standard 5vy model r1 shock to the rear with a one inch jack up at the rear
handles very well.........try one first .

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I joined a few weeks ago when i started looking, asked lots of newbie questions, got a good idea of prices...as I could have rushed out and bought the first bike i saw. but I`ve bought a 1200 from one of the club members...just needs a little tlc and I`ll enjoy tinkering with it. and the power in these 1200 engines is sooooo nice....creamy smooth wall of torque from almost zero revs...no fuss, just twist and GO.....FAST

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I was going to buy a 1200 Bandit. I even had approval from SWMBO but then the apple cart was upset by a test ride on a ZRX1100 which I found much nicer to ride so I had to go back to her and negotiate another graqnd onto the budget.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.