Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo, Avnt been onto the site ina good wile alot has changed to my ride.

Endless list

Anyways i Have got 8" wide borbets on the front and 9"wide borbets on the rear, ive had the Camber angle and tracking done on a geometry test.

But the Rears and sometimes the fronts rub the arches.( pot holes )

I have been told 3 ways of solveing this

1.Higher the car up
2.Roll the arches with a Rolling tool
3.Grind the arches out.

I personally would rather do it the proper way keeping the strengh in the car. (option 2)

But Is this hard to do and how cheap can you get hold of one ?

Here is a Few pics of the eunos

Its had a full respray and Smoothed in bodywork but is going back again on monday for some more work.

Got sextons audio to do a boot install on wednesday

Its all go

Only other problems are the Speed humps Wat a nitemare Crunch in every car park.....

and the gearbox is fucked rattley as hell !! lol

·
Offset stripes FTW!!!11
3,672 Posts
i just used a hammer. works a treat.
Just a hammer? Did you just knock it back?

Do you have any pictures of the finished article?

I'm grinding the rust out of my rear arches and was thinking of doing just this when I've got the paint off, but was going to use some wood too. Not for any wheel clearance issues, just to stop the crap from getting in there (was going to silicone the crease to stop any water/crud gathering)

Did it stay relatively "in shape"?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
no unfortuanatly i didnt take any photos. Yeah just took my time and hammered out from the inside. However i have done this before so will be better advised to get a roller or get it done pro. Looked good after i took my time and hammered out but i also had the extension arches as a consolation if anything was the mess up.

·
Offset stripes FTW!!!11
3,672 Posts
I ground the rust and paint from my rear arch lips this afternoon and noticed that the arches were already quite mis-shapen, so I got the hammer out and started thumping. It hasn't folded right back on itself, but at least it isn't so lumpy now and is all out of sight.

I still might get me some subtle arches though. Just depends on if I can get some cheap.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ground the rust and paint from my rear arch lips this afternoon and noticed that the arches were already quite mis-shapen, so I got the hammer out and started thumping. It hasn't folded right back on itself, but at least it isn't so lumpy now and is all out of sight.

I still might get me some subtle arches though. Just depends on if I can get some cheap.
Hmm I seen the tool on ebay for ?150 mite as well just buy it rather then all this meessing about.

Then can lend it to people if needs be.

Cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey dude, saw you at ISTS the weekend. I'm the one with the red '5 with the white rims that was on the MidModified stand. Did you manage to sort out the rad in the end?
OOOO small world haha I remembers you, Your the only one who had a spare mx5 rad i was tempted lol...

I ended up gettin a mate to get some epoxy glue and stuck few layers on the top where it was leaking. Got me home on sunday morning as i had stuff to sort out.

Got me new rad in yesterday Alot nicer

Everything got coverd in their though as you can tell by the yellowy stains That was the egg i put in their

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.