Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everning everyone, just joined as deciderd to take the plunge and get a 5 after years with a scooby. Going to look at what i hope is a nice 95 1.8 roadster shortley!! any advice??
Was woundering if there are any meets etc round the sheff area??

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Ayeup.. there are a fair few, in fact we have another forum (South Yorkshire Fives) in the Sheffield area which you are welcome to join. Always a fair few meets going on, especially as it is nearing Summertime

Which side of Sheffield are you?
I'm down nearer Chesterfield J30 M1, but most of the SY5s are up Sheffield/Rotherham way.

http://sy5s.myfreeforum.org/index.php

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well the most prolific mx5er in sheffield has to be rodders? Rodders operates a garage/recovery business, preps mk3 racers and races himself. Often to be found on mx5 trackdays and always up for a chat. Do a google on Paul roddison or something?!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already found him. popped down after work last sat when a meet or something was on?? Spoke to a young kid down there and he was more than happy to show me round a 5 and what to look out for when buying. Ill def be down there again.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
hi ya mate, im at frecheville, not far from intake,

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Already found him. popped down after work last sat when a meet or something was on?? Spoke to a young kid down there and he was more than happy to show me round a 5 and what to look out for when buying. Ill def be down there again.
i was there last saturday, must av seen ya, sayin that i had to shoot off about 12, so could have missed ya,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im from frecheville originaly. I was down rodders about 2.30. went past in the truck saw all the 5s and by the time i got down there after work you had all mostly gone. Didnt look at the car in the end last nite owner didnt get back to me.
stll on the look out for a nice 5.

·
Are YOU a Help Vampire?
6,177 Posts
I used to live in handsworth, and my bezzy mate still does, i'm in sheff everyday of the week for work, and always up for a meet.
I notice painterdave has already said Hi , like he said, hes close, and sprays paint like a good'un, and of course rodders too on shepcote lane. my biggest recommendation is to buy sommit without too much rust, then get rodders to check the alignment, best ?50 i have EVER spent on any of my cars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input. Im picky when it comes to cars as use to be a panel basher before changing jobs. Ill find one may just take some time. ill keep an eye out for a meet and pop down to say hi.
Quite intrested in the turbo or super charged route, Just happen to have a scooby tdo4 in the garage doing nothing.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Thanks for the input. Im picky when it comes to cars as use to be a panel basher before changing jobs. Ill find one may just take some time. ill keep an eye out for a meet and pop down to say hi.
Quite intrested in the turbo or super charged route, Just happen to have a scooby tdo4 in the garage doing nothing.
hehe, ive got one of those bolted on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.