Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just been looking at some wellers in the afore mentioned fitment, was just wondering if any of you guys of fit anything similar and what hurdles you encountered IE 9J wheels on the front I wont be able to count on full lock steering?

well anyway all opinions and advice welcome

Cheers

·
Are YOU a Help Vampire?
6,177 Posts
a lot will depend on camber, ride height, and tyre profile....

closest answer i can give you is that I once tried 0et 8j with 10mm spacers on the front of mine, while lowered so the front wish bones were parallel with the ground and 195 50 15 tyres.
I lost a bit of wheel lock, but could have got it back by trimming some of my GV lip and bumper.

On the rear.... you will need to roll and pull the arches, and run a lot of camber, or fit some arches, or run high with the wheels sticking out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for the reply mate thats actually really helpful,
the tyres are stretched on not sure of size will have to ask
doesnt lowering it automatically adjust some camber? what options are there to dial more in?

yeah i did think some arch rolling or bolt ons etc would be needed to contain the monster width although ive seen a mk1 featured in FC that was on 11J so 9j isn't too ambitious

·
Registered
941 Posts
i think they will fit as there are quite a few people on here with 15x9 et0 wheels on just rolled arches ,but i think a 195 45 tyer is needed ,i also used to have 15x8 et0 i had 195 50 15 and it rubbed a little bit ,so think tyer size is key ,unless you do wide arches like i and a few people have done at least that way you know they will fit and you can run a proper tyer size lol, all up to you bud .

for me i would wide arch and space more if needed,there is a man on here who had 10'' wellers from memory but he was wide arched too

adam

·
Project- G!
1,820 Posts
I run 15x9 -5/10 on the rear and 15x9 et0 front no problem. Have run -10 front and again it's not a big issue. Lots of rolling and pulling will be needed for scrub free driving. Remove arch lining and trim the arch tabs. Tyres make a big difference, on 50 profiles I had to run minus *5 degree but on stretched 45 profiles I was able to push that back to a more respectable minus *3.5.

It will be a case of making the car fit the wheels but it's easyily done
. Check my build thread for Fitment if need be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha im pretty sure ive come across your build thread before actually
ill have to have a re-read ill ask about the tyre size before i commit to buying

yeah it shouldnt be too hard i guess with the right info, which is where you guys have come in.

thank you all for your advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts