Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a full noob as i've been a member on here for a couple of years but not been here for a while

back in a MX5 sort of ( NA based kit car) and just building a MS2 and adding a M62 supercharger so looking for some info on the build

now the time to annoy everyone with pics of the kit (the MX5 i used was a rust bucket so it would have gone to the scrap yard otherwise)

And during a wet point of the day at the last track day at Abingdon with my bosses Caterham

·
Engineers Do It Better.
293 Posts
Nice kit, got any more pics? Is that the one the ma5da boys race in the championship? Welcome to the forum, I plan on fitting similar upgrades myself
Lots of people from Oxonia here now!
A

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is, its a MEV Exocet the race version is the MX150R and the main differences are the full roll cage and the welded in steel floors on the race version

a couple more pics

the exhaust is standard MX5 but is being replaced at the same time as the rest of the upgrades

a position most people never want to see their car in at mid build

theres more than one of us around the area

ive already done the lightweight flywheel and stage 2 clutch during the kit build, i have a gen 3 M62 supercharger which im refurbishing and complete exhaust system to build plus 550cc injectors and doing a COP conversion and ive started the MS2 build basics

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wet weight (with a full tank of fuel) was 740kg at the IVA test but they now do lightweight versions of it too
as mine is one of the earlier chassis with a taller rollbar (im 6ft4)
ive only every tracked a 1.6 mx5 and this is a 1.8 but its does feel alot quicker and you can brake later into corners (less weight to slow down)
as of yet ive not done any timed runs as when i was at santa pod i was told i had to have arm restraints before i could run and didnt have any

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the wheels change as i have 3 sets, standard 5 spoke 14"s the red 15" Rota's and some silver multispokes depending on what its being used for
The first pic was taken on that rare sunny day last year in Wallingford

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.