Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a mark 2, tenth anniversary model which had two basic keys with it when I bought it.

It's just occurred to me that the car probably has central locking - which the keys doesn't seem to activate - and it probably has an OEM alarm/immobiliser which without a fob can't presumably be activated.

What should I have had - by way of keys, transponders, remotes - and what suggestions do you have to remedy the situation without the obvious buttock parting visit to the mail dealers?

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Does it have a fob type thing? Does it have any alarm sensors in the cabin? Any noises as you turn the key? Im not really familiar with mk2s so dont really know what they have as standard. Sorry if im not much help.

·
~
15,498 Posts
Remote central locking & boot release didn't come in until later on with the Mk2.5

You should have two normal looking keys that have transponders in to de-activate the factory immobiliser.

You're central locking is activated by locking the driver's door which in turn also locks the passenger door at the same time.

I can't remember exactly but you may also have the double-locking feature where you lock once, then again to disable the interior door lock (stops people smashing the window and opening the door)

There is no oem alarm system, but later models (Mk2.5) had a theft deterrent system that beeps the horn and flashes the lights when activated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Maybe I'm not as badly off as I thought

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.