Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
E pur si muove
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened, Freya was born (Fantastic) and I said I'd never sell the 5 (Fantastic)
however I have done like 10 miles in the last 3 months.

Hence its not going to work so more financially feasible to sell it and let someone else enjoy it. I just drove it, and it was fantastic, though some old lady waved a stick at me, (I think she said "go faster!!!" but I am not sure)

Anyone else recently had to go through this decision? discuss... I feel I am in a sad spot.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Well it finally happened, Freya was born (Fantastic) and I said I'd never sell the 5 (Fantastic)

Hence its not going to work so more financially feasible to sell it and let someone else enjoy it. I just drove it, and it was fantastic, though some old lady waved a stick at me, (I think she said "go faster!!!" but I am not sure)

Anyone else recently had to go through this decision? discuss... I feel I am in a sad spot.
Sold a VX220 and 2 MX-5's due to this.

Now have found space for my 3rd MX-5.

In all honesty, its just a car. Great car yes, but nothing is better than your kids. Don;t beat yourself up, if you need the money, sell it, if you don't, keep it and enjoy it when you can.

·
E pur si muove
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Sold a VX220 and 2 MX-5's due to this.

Now have found space for my 3rd MX-5.

In all honesty, its just a car. Great car yes, but nothing is better than your kids. Don;t beat yourself up, if you need the money, sell it, if you don't, keep it and enjoy it when you can.
[/quote]

wise words! and true nothing is better than kids. :)

It just tipped over towards the needing the money mark, or rather spending 500 quid a year on something I am not using (insurance, mot tax etc...), I'll deffo get another one if my career goes along the promotion route.... or in 20+x years when the kids have gone...

Coming to the end of a mini-era though, loved the summer days with the wife in the country going for a pub lunch...

·
Randomer
8,007 Posts
congrats on the recent addition to the family, comiserations on the situation with the 5.

I know what you mean though, my 5 has done 300 miles in the last 4 months what with breakdowns and repair bills, I'm in the process of buying a house so more bills there, getting married later this year etc etc... so the 5 is low on the list of priorities right now.
If I hadn't put so much money into it in the past then it would have been sold by now. one thing that makes me keep it though is that it's more than "just a car" to me, it's a hobby if you like, an interest, and even if I'm not using it it's only costing me tax & insurance for the year, which is not too expensive tbh.

If you have to/ need to sell it then so be it. I used to be a mad keen mountainbiker, couldn't ever see myself not out on my bike every day, then things changed and I sold the bike and didn't get another one until several years later, now I'm getting out on my bike every other day and it's just as good as it used to be.
You can always get another 5 further down the line, you just need to think about what you've spent/ put into the car, the enjoyment you get out of having the car, and whether it's financially feasible to sell it when you take those things into account.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Keep the 5 (Freya will love it in a year or two). Buy a cheap sensible snotter for the day to day stuff

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Get a 6 point roll cage and a baby seat

My nephew loves sitting in my 5 he's 10 months old

Easy for me to say that though as I don't have kids... I think priorities change when you have kids of your own...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts