Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello chaps,

Does anyone have a video of the above? I'm interested in buying a manifold for the '5. I don't really want it to sound raspier, but if it made a few more/clearer burbles or pops along with a couple of bhp I might go for it.

So far the only non-turbo manifold I can find in the uk for the 1.8 mk1 is the one on mx5 parts. I've done some searching but couldn't find any other ones. Can anyone point me in the right direction for more options?

Also for anyone that has gone this route did it get much louder after the manifold?

Cheers

· Registered
6,268 Posts
Personally id go for raceing beat mate, proven gains etc, ebay items arent allways as good as they look and the mx5 parts mani is actually a raceland one.

· Registered
1,834 Posts
I got my decat on but not the manifold,mainly down to the fact the bellhousing-manifold brace bolts are stiffer than a teenage lad in the playboy mansion.Decat and cobalt backbox sound lovely together.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my decat on but not the manifold,mainly down to the fact the bellhousing-manifold brace bolts are stiffer than a teenage lad in the playboy mansion.Decat and cobalt backbox sound lovely together.
I suspected that was rattling on mine as it was very rusted. I remember trying to remove it and wanting to scream in frustration, so I understand where you're coming from!

Having a look on racing beat's website I can't see any pictures of the actual 1.8 mk1 manifold they all seem to be the same one. I would ideally like to get one nice and cheap as the cost factor is what makes the mx5 so fun and care-free. Then again I guess £300 isn't that much for a decent manifold.

Would still love to hear a 1.8 decat + manifold + cat back setup though.

· Registered
6,268 Posts
If you go onto rb europe you even get a nuts members disount!

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool. I reckon my back box is rattling so might use that. As for the manifold, doing some reading up it seems they have stopped selling their 4-2-1 'Tri-Y', was hoping to get a 4-2-1 rather than 4-1. 4-2-1 is meant to be slightly quiter which is what im looking for, but it'll probably be a drop in the ocean in sound terms!

· Registered
1,834 Posts
To be honest with the cobalt and decat(obviously not the 4-2-1 just yet) the sound just pootling about town isn't massively louder than standard at all,I wouldn't worry about having too much noise.My dual exit mx5 parts exhaust was a lot lot lot louder WITHOUT a decat than this one is with a decat fitted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.