Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just bought a usb to micro usb adapter for my HTC One X. I'll let you know how I get on.

http://www.amazon.co...x_ya_os_product
Can't wait to hear how you get on. Could be extremely useful for road tuning and for keeping an eye on gauges whilst on track. Do you have an e420c Paul, or a more recent version? Shell refers to the Adaptronic 'Select', and I'm unsure whether the app works with an e420c.....have asked him/her by email. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Thanks Stephen - just to let you know that rather than going for a bluetooth adapter, I'm going to wait for T-mobile to release the Jelly Bean update for my HTC One X; hopefully this will support USB host mode.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I doubt it will. Why are you trying to get it work with usb cable? Have you check if thats even possible with the Software?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I doubt it will. Why are you trying to get it work with usb cable? Have you check if thats even possible with the Software?
I expect it will - the HTC One X+ comes with Jelly Bean and supports USB host mode.

Yes I have checked - the usb route is fine as long as your android device supports USB host mode.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shellware.adaptronic.adaptive.tuner

BTW, I am trying to get it to work with the usb cable because all I will need is a usb to micro-usb converter.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In an exchange of emails with Shell Shrader I asked if it might be as simple as plugging an android tablet into the ecu in place of the laptop and he said that it should be, but he had not tested it. In that I haven't got a tablet I haven't tried it......but I'm trying to decide which tablet to buy, and then I'll see if the cable works, and I might try a Bluetooth connection aswell.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
In an exchange of emails with Shell Shrader I asked if it might be as simple as plugging an android tablet into the ecu in place of the laptop and he said that it should be, but he had not tested it. In that I haven't got a tablet I haven't tried it......but I'm trying to decide which tablet to buy, and then I'll see if the cable works, and I might try a Bluetooth connection aswell.
As long as the android tablet supports USB host mode (AKA On-The-Go or OTG) then you should be ok. You will almost certainly also require a USB to micro-USB converter (a modern tablet is unlikely to have a full size USB port). The Nexus 7 tablet is probably as good a choice as any...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got it working! Thanks to some great help from Trev.
The gauges are very impressive on the Nexus 10, and the adaptive learning screen is going to be great for road tuning.
Will try to get video of it when Max is here tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey y'all... I'm the Adaptive Tuner guy. got a couple bugs from my last release to clean up ... namely logging and OTG. I really like what others have show with the msdroid (I believe that is the name) app and perhaps the author of that app and I can bring the best of both together.

Otherwise I'll shamelessly steal the best aspects of his UI and incorporate them into the Adaptive Tuner
-- that is a joke for the sensitive ones out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will be releasing an update to Adaptive Tuner today that adds "bulk" logging, fixes an existing bug with AFR alert logging, and provides an OTG work-around for those having a hard time getting Adaptive Tuner to "automagically" connect via USB.​

Look for it to start rolling out via Google Play around midnight or so Eastern time.​

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.