Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 Eunos Roadster, imported from Japan (right hand drive). It has about 95,000 kilometers on it, and it runs well. The air conditioner stopped working two days a few days ago, and the mechanic who checked it out said I need a new condenser, receiver, etc. Is there anywhere I can find reasonably priced parts for an imported car such as mine? The price he gave me to repair it was way out of my range. Thank so much for any help.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
LOL. That may be a good suggestion. But I live in Florida, and there are times when I really need an air conditioner. Are there places to get parts for these imported older Miatas?
Try here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,260 Posts
As you're in the US there are consendors all over ebay. You can adapt the US ones to fit the JDM cars really easily, you just need to use some of the pipe on the lower AC crossover pipe from the new condensor and the fitting from the old one that's in tthe car and make a 90 degree adapter.
Product Grille Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you're in the US there are consendors all over ebay. You can adapt the US ones to fit the JDM cars really easily, you just need to use some of the pipe on the lower AC crossover pipe from the new condensor and the fitting from the old one that's in tthe car and make a 90 degree adapter.
View attachment 60253
Thanks you for this information. That’s very encouraging. I’ve run into several roadblocks in trying to find one that was made for the car. I found several options on Amazon, too, that were OEM parts for 1992 Miatas. Do you think those might work, too?

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,260 Posts
I Duno, I misread your post and thought you had an nb, the ac condenser of which are impossible to find. You should be able to get ones for the MK1 that fits right in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts