Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
so ive had my mx5 for a good few months now, picked her up with 80k on for £2k.
1.8 no rust in silver, 100% stock and fresh!
dont have a standard pic but heres a little photo of her for the first few weeks,

then came some borrowed coilovers and my wheels id had sitting for a while
smoothed nose and few touches

·
Registered
40 Posts
few more starting shots...

now your probably thinking whats controversial about this?

it got low.....air ride low..
sure none of you will like it and ill hear the classic line "it goes that low static"
but i like the under side of my car and actually being able to drive it still

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Nothing controversial, looks very clean and smart !! I like !!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Ok, didn't see the last photo on my phone but still looks smart !!

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
damn that be low.

i like the ironic 'Fast Car' photo - you wont be going anywhere fast at that height, haha.

I dont like the look personally, but fair play, must be a lot of effort gone into it to get it that low.

·
Super Moderator
10,141 Posts
If it had some wheels that fit and unstretched tyres, I actually think that would be quite cool and I'd be impressed at someone going to the trouble of using airbags.

The wheels make it look too much like every other car owned by people that can't think for themselves, though apparently, you can.

Your car deserves better wheels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As I said wheels are being changed..... Although if I was to fit in stretched tyres if have to get the weakest fitment in the world and tuck the rear aswell IMO that would look worst

I'm not gonna lie and say yeah it handles like 1000 coilovers but to the standard of your 150 racelands it's pretty good. Adjustable dampening allows me to change anything and the lower I go the stiffer it gets.

I will post some pics of the bags later all standard strut towers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks good in the first pic, not a fan of big lows and stretched tyres but then I'm old and boring (well an old man in a young man's body - I'm 31!!).

I reckon with the same wheels as in the 1st pic but just a tad bigger and it's spot on in my book - but each to his own!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.