Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just wondering if there are any nutzers in the north east area could advance my timing for me, as I dont have the right gear or knowledge to do it... obviously I'd rather not have to buy a timing light just to do this, and I figured a nutzer would be better than going to a garage who doesn't know the car.

Anyone help me? Thanks in advance

·
Offset stripes FTW!!!11
3,672 Posts
Me. Get up to mine today and I'll do it as I'm in the garage most of the day anyway. PM me

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer, But 3 hour round trip has put me off.
Cheers Halli, appreciate the help with this.

It does seem to have made a small difference particularly noticable when driving sedately and in the midrange... the longer I drove it, the more the difference seemed to become obvious... overall I think it has made a small improvement.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I can do it no problem i am in Darlington, Have the timing gun, etc can do in the afternoon after work if thats ok

·
Registered
224 Posts
I can do it no problem i am in Darlington, Have the timing gun, etc can do in the afternoon after work if thats ok
Just had mine done by Spunkey, the car runs soo much better now. Found out that the car was running 18 degrees and thats why it never felt right. Thanks again Ed much appreciated. Time to really enjoy the car

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Was nice chatting hope you found it better on the way home, It did sound better, and hope i did not scare you to much with the noisy exhaust. LOL.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just had mine done by Spunkey, the car runs soo much better now. Found out that the car was running 18 degrees and thats why it never felt right. Thanks again Ed much appreciated. Time to really enjoy the car
[/quote]

So you actually had yours retarded slightly in the end?

Running such advanced timing could have ended in tears... glad you got that sorted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.